Wednesday, March 6, 2013

You have to laugh or you'll cry: Episode 2

I told you this would be an on going series!

My husband recently had a funny incident at the grocery store. He did all the shopping, came home, and realized he forgot to load the groceries in the car! oh no!! So he rushes back to the store but the cart is gone. He explained everything to one of the security people and they said to take his receipt, go shop for everything and he could get it for free.

So he loads up the cart again, following the receipt exactly. But at the register, the person comes back and says, "Sorry, the manager says you can't have it for free."

So he just pays for everything again.

As he goes out to the car, he opens up the back, and that's when he sees...THE GROCERIES! They were there the whole time!

So now we have double of everything. Haha.

Why am I telling you this story? Besides the fact that it's pretty funny, it explains why I am glad we had two whole bags of sugar in my pantry...because one of them ended up like this:

notice the random recyclables and crayon on the cabinet

sittin in the sugar
I may be sending mixed messages by taking pictures!

 In other news, my husband and I just got approved for a mortgage...so perhaps before too long the kids will be able to destroy a house that we OWN! Oh Joy :)

9 comments:

  1. That sounds like something I would do (the double bought groceries). Congrats on the mortgage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm kind of freaking out. As much as I play the calm, meditative type, I actually struggle a lot with change, even the good kind...I'm a worrier!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, Laurel. It won't help anyway.
    Take a hot bath instead (or sit in some sugar) :)

    I liked the story :) Robin Debacker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurel, congratulations on your future home purchase. It's amazing how much kids can get into in just a few minutes...it's almost like Mom's should never even go to the bathroom without the kids! With our busy lives it's no wonder we forget things. I remember when my kids were young, putting the milk carton in the cabinet and finding it a day later warm and spoiled and putting clothes in the dryer but fogetting to start it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! yes, I do the dryer thing all the time! mommy brain :)

      Delete
  5. that is so awesome. All of it.

    ReplyDelete