Monday, October 1, 2012

squeaky clean

I like my showers hot, like turn your skin red hot. Especially when the cool weather starts to creep in, there's nothing more comforting than a steam filled bathroom.

No one told me when I first had children, that this very simple pleasure would very quickly become a luxury.

This morning with the baby asleep, and my three year old occupied with his morning cartoons, I took a long, hot, shower, and felt all the stress, anxiety, and grime wash away. The saying is true, you really don't know what you've got till it's gone. But maybe that's okay. Maybe you need the loss and the change to make you appreciate just how lovely even the simple moments can be.

Because it's not happiness that makes you grateful, it's gratitude that makes you happy.

I think I can squeeze in a cup of tea before the baby wakes up...

No comments:

Post a Comment